Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Peace Doves Take Flight!

Wow!
What a meeting! Thanks to the parents who stayed and helped. I am looking into getting some college volunteers to attend all of our meetings since we have such a big group this year. I LOVE the way all the doves turned out! Everyone had such a different "vision" of how they wanted their dove. That is what I enjoy about kids and art. You can show them the instructions give them the supplies stand back and get 35 different end results, all wonderful!
We learned from several creative members that when launched from the play structure the doves actually took flight! This was impressive. I am sure Jane Goodall her self would have been proud. I can honestly say I have never seen plastic shopping bags used in such a creative and, (no pun intended) uplifting way.
All the kids wanted to take home their works of art, but alas I want to share these with the school! I will be allowing the doves to take flight above the children as they eat in the cafeteria. I hope to accomplish this soon. I have many birds to hang, so kids... bear with me! :)
I was so pleased at how well everyone participated in the making of the doves at our meeting. The kids seemed to enjoy the craft. I hope they enjoy the World Peace Poster that we will be working on next week. I hope to hang that in the cafeteria as well. Then the week after that...excitement looms...we begin our teamwork challenges!
Can you solve the puzzle? Can you be a part of the team? I am on the edge of my seat in anticipation....
NinjaMom Out

No comments: